Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Sustainability for Leaders: Foundations (CM I 14) - July 7-8, 2011
Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 8:30 AM - Friday, July 8, 2011 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
Sustainability for Leaders: Foundations is a unique program which integrates core concepts of sustainability in communications and applications. This course is designed for existing and emerging sustainability practitioners who want to gain the knowledge, skills and tools to take a strategic systems-based approach to communicating, planning and managing sustainability initiatives.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to explain, and begin to apply a framework for strategic sustainability. They will also learn about and use a number of tools to help their business, community or organization take a leadership role in sustainability.
This hands-on course is designed around a mix of participatory learning tasks, content learning and dialog. Participants will have the opportunity to apply the Natural Step Framework to real situations and practice how to integrate the Natural Step approach into their professional lives.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the case for sustainability including opportunities and risks facing businesses, communities and organizations
- Apply the key concepts of The Natural Step's ABCD methodology for sustainability planning within your organization
- Present core concepts of sustainability and its relevance to your organization in a short presentation
- Strategize how to effectively promote sustainability in your organization
- Two days of face-to-face learning
- One hour eLearning module
- $600 TNS and Cascadia members, $700 Late registration
- $650 General admission, $750 Late registration
- Note: course fee includes 2 lunches, refreshments, and all course materials
- A customized, 2-day workshop facilitated by our experienced sustainability advisors
- One year license for The Natural Step's award-winning Sustainability 101 eLearning course
- 14 Certification Maintenance units from the American Planning Association